Polycom is a multinational corporation selling telepresence and voice communication solutions. Using Polycom telepresence, video, and voice solutions and services, people connect and collaborate from their desktops, meeting rooms, class rooms, and mobile settings. Polycom is a long term returning customer and Solution57 have had a big role in bringing Polycom's products to market.
YouSee - Part of TDC Group
YouSee is the largest quadruple play service provider in Denmark, and is a subsidiary of TDC Group, the largest telecommunications company in Denmark.
RTX - Telecom
RTX specializes in the design & development of wireless professional audio, intercom, healthcare and industrial & IoT products.
The Eye Tribe
The Eye Tribe - Danish startup producing eye tracking technology. Bought out by Facebook.
TP Vision is a dedicated company in the world of visual digital entertainment; fully committed to the renowned Philips TV brand.
Vivante is taking computer graphics to the next level by bringing handheld and home entertainment screens to life.
From microcontrollers and processors to sensors, analog ICs and connectivity, NXP technologies are fueling innovation in automotive, consumer, industrial and networking.
Continental is a leading German automotive manufacturing company specialising in tyres, brake systems, interior electronics, automotive safety, powertrain and chassis components, tachographs, and other parts for the automotive and transportation industries.
High End Android based TV Platform Project
Development of a completely new TV platform from scratch using the Android OSP as the basis. Our role is to develop a “platform SDK” , introducing support for TV media playback formats and graphics optimization. Design and implement an Android based framework scalable across different HW platforms. Porting and optimization on specific HW platforms.
Architecture consultancy for creating new nice market Android product
Due to cost reduction and user experience issues, the customer decided to migrate its Linux/Java based software stack to Android. We provided consultancy services and helped to integrate their existing Linux based system services to Android.
We managed to cover a large set of technologies required for integration:
• Graphics/Video integration
• Remote control integration.
• Graphics performance optimisation
• Integration of Linux native services with Android.
• Performance and boot-time optimisations.
• Integration low level Linux services with Android Power Manager.
Technologies Used: DM8168 Netra, Linux Kernel, Android Framework
Graphics performance optimisation of a tablet of an Asian OEM
Several weeks before production start of the customer's new tabet, there was a major problem with the device performance. We provided on-site support, resolved the major technical problems and significantly increased the system performance. Optimisations where done in the GPU drivers, in power management modules and in the OS. The product was launched in the scheduled time.
Technologies areas: Project Management, Lead Programming, Architecture, Qt, Android
Development of a Qt based SmartTV platform integrating a SurfaceFlinger graphics composition system for a European TV OEM
We headed the development of a Qt based SmartTV platform. To support the legacy graphics libraries and integrate it with the new UI, we developed a SurfaceFlinger based graphics composer. This allowed the simultaneous composition of surfaces/windows from different graphics frameworks like Qt, Android, DirectFB and display it on the same screen. Using this innovative idea, the customer was able to leverage from the high level of maturity of SurfaceFlinger and from the availability of Android baseports on popular chipsets.
Graphics & Multimedia framework development & optimisations on low cost mobile platform
Development of graphics and multimedia services for an Application Framework, highly optimized for performance and small RAM/ROM footprint
• Designed and implemented a 2D software rendering engine for
high performance applications and games, with hardware
acceleration if present.
• Designed and implemented a display driver API (DI3) with support for
multiple pixel formats (RGB, YUV), displays and 2D hardware acceleration.
This included full emulation of all features on PC.
• Optimized JPEG decoder for ARM7, achieving <2 seconds decode
& rescaling time for 10 MPix baseline JPEG on 57MHz cpu.
• Alpha blending UI layers through SW routines, optimized for ARM7.
• Integrated third party TrueType font rendering library and optimized it for
• Designed and helped implement an image format transcoder.
• Integration of the Hybrid OpenGL solution into the platform.
• Integrated a 2D acceleration chip with the rendering system.
• Worked on OpenGL like API for high performance 3d rendering.
• Developed new compression algorithm for storage of graphics on mobile
• Redesigned Audio playback service and integrated new proprietary
• Designed and implemented SVG rendering service, and integrated 3rd party
solution from BitFlash.
Technologies Used: ARM7 based platforms
Graphics Driver Framework development
Design and development of a completely new graphics driver framework, adding support for OpenGL ES hardware acceleration of UI rendering. Performance optimizations in LCD and touch screen drivers.
Technology used: Infineon S-GOLD2
UI framework development and optimization
Development of UI framework on High End Audio Produt, focusing on a highly polished user experience.
• Updated the UI framework to allow quick prototyping using xml based descriptions.
• Designed/implemented a reflection system for properties which was used for the UI
controls and animation system.
• Designed/implemented a WPF based tool to inspect/modify the current UI window tree
• Designed/implemented the UI event system.
• Helped to design the UI layout algorithms and controls.
• Worked on the design and implementation of various UI effects related to scrolling
• Worked on the design and implementation of a transition system.
Technologies used: Freescale MPC5121e (32bit PowerPC, AXE (DSP) and MBX (3D acc))
Design of a multi-display Android system for an US based multinational corporation
Creating a full vertical software solution across the Android software stack. Updating the kernel and user space GPU drivers for supporting graphics and video on multiple displays. Heavy rewrite of Android framework, HAL and SurfaceFlinger to run applications on any number of displays. Modifying the emulator to support multiple displays.
Platform: TI DM8168, OMAP 4460, Android ICS
Technology areas: Android Framework, Java, Linux Kernel drivers, C/C++
Bluetooth Low Energy device serving
as second display to a Smartphone
Development of HW and SW platform for a remote display product communicating
with a Smart Phone application over Bluetooth Low Energy on iOS and Android devices:
• Designed and developed HW prototype in product form factor
• Implemented compression algorithm to reduce bandwidth requirements and minimize
• Designed and developed Embedded SW and optimized drivers on remote display
device to minimize power consumption and improve responsiveness of device.
• Developed custom BLE drivers for several Android handsets to achieve stable BLE
• Developed iOS and Android smart phone applications as background services to
handle communication between the phone and the remote display device
Technology used: Nordic Semiconductor BLE 4.0 SoC – nRF51822, 32-bit ARM® Cortex™ M0 CPU , iOS, Android, Ink Paper display